Provide sales assistance to walk-in and telephone customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aggressive prospecting for new sales and new accounts
- Expertly use, promote and facilitate PARR Bridge Strategy
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers
- Aggressively set, reach for and meet (or exceed) personal sales and profit goals
- Primary player in new business acquisition — ensuring account profitability as well as customer satisfaction & loyalty
- Ability to sell on overall quality, value and service, rather than price
- Coordinate with other PARR divisions to broaden sales to existing customers
- Precisely and efficiently manage one’s time and appointments
- Be involved & prepared for weekly individual and group sales meetings
- Respond quickly to customer complaints and concerns
- Continually update product knowledge and selling techniques
Education, Training and Experience (includes licenses or certifications)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Prior experience in sales preferred
- Prior experience in the building materials industry preferred but not mandatory
- Class C Driver’s License or reliable alternative transportation
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors and be mobile for the greater part of the day
- Ability to stoop, bend, walk, and effectively communicate at levels normal for someone performing work with the general public primarily in the office environment of a customer or job site. Communication forms can include but are not limited to: in-person verbal and non-verbal, written,e-mail, telephone and public speaking to medium size groups.