The Green Mountain Jim Bowie grill features a digital controller, a meat probe, a peaked lid for stand-up chicken/large fowl/rib racks, a convenience tray with utensil hooks, and hard rubber tires. It also includes a venturi-style firebox for cyclone combustion, front casters, a positive pressure hopper fan to prevent burn-back, a dome thermometer, and “fan only” mode with automatic grill shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling.
With the 40″×16″ cooking surface and 13.5″ clearance inside, you can cook a dozen racks of ribs, a gazillion steaks, or even a small whole hog. The wood pellet grill also features Sense-Mate, which is a thermal sensor that constantly monitors the ambient temperature. When the weather gets cold, the sensor kicks the grill into Turbo mode, so you don’t have to wait long for the grill to heat up.
Jim Bowie Choice Pellet Grill Specs
- Surface Cooking Area: 658 sq in.
- Dimensions: 51″ (h) x 70″ (w) x 24″ (d)
- Height of Cooking Surface to Lid: 13.5″ clearance
- Hopper Capacity: 17 pounds of pellets
- Voltage: 110V
- Wattage: 240W start, 60W continuous
- Auger Motor RPM: 4.7~5.2
- Fan Motor RPM: 0.45A; 4100 RPM
- Igniter: 110V; 240W
- Igniter (Hot Rod) Diameter: .625″
- Weight: 185 lbs.