The Green Mountain Jim Bowie Prime Plus Wi-Fi grill features 658 square inches of grill space and a 13.5″ peaked lid. The wood pellet grill can cook anything from a dozen racks of ribs to a small whole hog and monitor multiple food temperatures with dual meat probes. This Prime Plus grill includes the same great Prime features plus a collapsible front shelf, interior grill light, rotisserie enabled mounting and stronger reinforced grates. The GMG Prime models are built even smarter and stronger. 12V direct power design provides better temp control, greater pellet fuel economy and faster startups. With micro-adjustment capability in the variable-speed fan and auger motor, you can maintain more consistent grill temperatures. With the grill and pellet view windows you can keep an eye on your food without letting your smoke and heat escape and monitor your pellet supply.
The GMG Jim Bowie Prime WiFi model comes with a redesigned digital controller that allows you to control and monitor your grill through an iOS or Android mobile app, dual meat probes and a USB port. Control and monitor your grill from your couch or on-the-go with GMG Smart Control. Adjust your smoke and grill temp from 150°F to 550°F with 5° increment control. Adjust and monitor your food temp from your phone with the GMG App.
The 13.5″ peaked lid provides enough space for a stand-up chicken to a dozen racks of ribs. Keep all of your grilling tools handy by hanging them on the utensils hooks of your side convenience tray. All of the GMG grills have a venturi-style firebox that creates a cyclone flame that ensures maximum combustion. They also have Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor that constantly monitors the ambient temperature. When the weather gets cold, the sensor kicks the grill into Turbo Mode, so you don’t have to wait long for the grill to heat up. Other features include Keep Warm Mode and Fan Only Mode with automatic shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling.
Jim Bowie Prime Plus Wi-Fi Pellet Grill Specs
- Surface Cooking Area: 658 sq in.
- WiFi Mode: connect to your grill through your local home WiFi network
- Server Mode: connect to your grill remotely through the GMG Server Mode to control and monitor your grill on the go
- Control and Monitor: increase or decrease internal grill temps and monitor food temps through your food probe
- Custom Cooking Profile: create and manage fully programmable cooking profiles
- Food Timer: set food timer in the app and receive a notification when done to help manage your cook time
- Power Control: control the power to your grill
- Dimensions: 52″ (h) x 63″ (w) x 25″ (d)
- Height of Cooking Surface to Lid: 13.5″ clearance
- Hopper Capacity: 18 pounds of pellets
- Voltage: 12V
- Wattage: 100W start/16.6W continuous
- Grease Tray: 12 gauge steel
- Lid 13: gauge steel
- SS Lid: 14 gauge steel
- Body: 14 gauge steel
- Igniter: 12V; 100W
- Igniter (hot rod) Diameter: .625″
- Weight: 208 pounds
A motor turns the auger which feeds pellets into the firebox. There, a heat rod automatically ignites the pellets and a variable speed fan keeps them burning. The Venturi-style firebox is lined with vertical vents creating a burn pot cyclone of air flow for maximum heat and complete combustion of the pellets with minimal waste. A heat shield creates an even distribution of heat and pure hardwood smoke throughout the grill chamber.